Congratulations, You Have Taken The First Steps To Solving Your Business Problems and Creating Breakthrough Performance
Do You Want To Reach The Future State Of Your Company Quicker?
Build Your Future State
Every company faces different challenges, every challenge is carried by a different culture.
In order to realize operational excellence for you, it is vital that we get to know you first. The Future State Design Sprint is a fast and streamlined program in which we will gather all the information needed to collaboratively design a solution to fit your situation and culture.
I knew we needed a roadmap or a scaffolding to help frame everything out – so that is what the design sprint project did for us. We knew it would give us an idea of what to focus on first because we want our team to be as efficient as possible. As a result, we identified key initiatives to focus on that, when optimized, will have an outsized and positive ripple effect throughout the organization. – Heath Jenkins President of Gasbarre Products
Future State Design Sprint
What To Expect
During the Future State Design Sprint we analyze the current state, determine the future state and develop the future state design.
Part 1. "What To Change"
- Interview key personnel
- Review information flow and workflows
- Workshop 1 (Current Reality)
Part 2. "What to Change To"
- Workshop 2 (Operational Excellence)
- Workshop 3 (Future Reality)
- Workshop 4 (Goal Tree)
Future State Design
Part 3. "How to Cause the Change"
- Presentation: Implementation Plan
Future State Design Sprint (FSDS) Process Overview
- The Future State Design Sprint is a fast and streamlined program in which we gather all the information needed to collaboratively design a solution to fit your situation and culture.
- In the Design Sprint, three things will happen:
- we build a visual diagram of your current processes with flow and analyze the outcome for accuracy,
- we determine what actions need to take place to achieve an improved future state,
- and we develop your future state map to success.
- A one-hour interview with key personnel (need at least 2 people from each function) to talk about things such as daily issues, key frustrations, roles and responsibilities, company mission and vision, etc.
- A half-day presentation and workshop is held to evaluate the Current Reality Tree with those previously interviewed to ensure accuracy and gain insight.
- A one-day (or two half days) Operational Excellence workshop is held to give individuals the basic understanding of operational excellence and the conditions necessary to create a high performing organization as well as begin to focus on the future state of the organization.
- A half-day workshop is held to design the organization’s Future Reality Tree which will include developing solutions or strategies for the organization.
- A two-hour meeting is held to review the Goal Tree and establish the Implementation Plan.
- Leadership of the organization needs to be present (e.g. President, Vice President, CEO, Plant Manager, etc.) ideally throughout all of the sessions outlined above, but at minimum needs to attend the Current Reality Tree and Future Realty Tree sessions; all other staff (Directors, Project Managers, Administrative Assistants, Production, Warehousing, Engineering, etc.) present for all sessions.
- In order to be successful, it’s important to note that we need the critical mass present throughout all of the sessions.
- The goal of a Design Sprint is to identify breakthrough performance improvement – meaning looking at big ticket items that will generate at minimum 50% improvement in output.
- Sessions can be completed by utilizing a combination of online meetings, ideally in 2-hour blocks, as well as some face-to-face meetings which are most critical in the workshops such as the Future Reality Tree session.